Guidelines to use the DAK system
How to login DAK System & change the password
1. Open http://cagofindia.delhi.nic.in/diary in Internet Explorer browser
( “Click for Login” to be selected for login, “Help/Guidelines” to select to know about the system “
2. For Login : The user is not required to know its user-login . It is selected through drop down window. Since it is a long list of users , it is grouped in category . Thus first select the category ( group officer or PS or PA or SrAO …….) from the drop down window. Then , within category select the user from drop down window.
3. Enter your password
· To Change Password
1. Click on Change Password
2. Enter your old password and then your new password.
3. Enter again new password to confirm your password.
4. Submit it.
5. It will display “ Password is changed”
Module for Letters :( For Letters Movement )
: This is for diarising of Letter/Fax/E-Mail copy received directly at
the user/section and to forward the same to concerned
user/section. Also this option to use for diarising of
letters (i.e internal letters) to send to any individual/section
in the office itself.
Receipt - This option provides to receive/acknowledge the letter which is forwarded by any individual/section or by R&I section for forwarding of the same to further any individual/section or to keep the letter in File.
· (In all the three cases , the status of of letter is closed and its file reference to be selected from drop down window and in case the desired File not in the list then new file reference to be entered.
In this system, if the letter is despatch through DAK System & sent to R&I , it would be registered electronically as forwarded to R&I vide a unique despatch number and date. The peon book/ despatch book etc need not to be maintained The letter can be traced from the Desk in the section itself . The list of letters despatched from the section can be generated.
This option facilitates the letters to dispatch from any section or individual and sent to R&I where it will be received electronically. One has to login to use the option “Despatch” from the menu, despatch screen will appear to enter the details.
Despatch Type/Letter Type “Original/Reply” If the despatched letter is a reply against any letter received earlier, then select as “Reply” and the diary number of the received letter otherwise select it as “Original”.
Despatching mode : Select from the window. If despatch mode is selected as “Speed Post” , the packet no . will be displayed which is unique for each field office/individual. Click on “Save” button to save the data for despatched letter.
· After placing the letters /packets in post office , the record of letters posted will be updated for its date of posting, Reference No. of posting ( courier No. / registered number if any, etc.) in R&I section.
This is same as Letter module. But there is no dispatch in this module. Because file will not go out of the office through R&I section. In case of letter the receipt and forwarding taking place at same moment. But receipt/acknowledgement takes while file received. The forwarding/disposal takes place later.
The originator of the file will see the file retained in the disposal with the remarks “File Retained by – xyz”. The only option available to the originator for that file will be “Status Closed” in the forwarding option. He has to select “Status Closed” and submit. The file will be treated as closed.
Pull Back-Not Recvd. Letters/Files - This option helps to get back the letter/file which is forwarded either to an officer/section wrongly or to the officers on leave/tour provided the letter/file is not received. So When this option is selected, it shows all the letters/files which are sent by the logged in user and not received by the receipent yet. The user has to select the letter/file which is required to be pulled back either to forward any other officer/section or to close the movement.